Vaginal discharge from my dog
My 13 year old mixed breed has leukemia.  She is a medium sized dog, weighs approximately 42lbs and was spayed years ago.  On Saturday I noticed that she had a yellowy green mucousy discharge hanging from her vaginal area.  I did not notice an odour but wiped it off right away.  The discharge is still happening.  She is currently on antibiotics because of a minor surgery on her foot and steriods for constant itching.  Could this be a side effect of the meds or is this indictive of the leukemia?
I think you need to contact the vet and tell them about this new development. It sounds like she has an infection. Even though she's been spayed, there is a condition where if a piece of uterine tissue was missed during spaying, she can still develop a remnant type of pyometra( uterine infection, uterine tissue infection) This is a very serious and life threatening condition and needs immediate attention by the vet. As she is on hormones it's possible they may have caused some kind of stimulation of uterine tissue, and only your vet will know what to do. If it's a side effect of the leukemia, the vet will know but your dog is already ill and needs a vets care.
Valerie
My dog is going through the same thing.  She is 11.  My vet said same thing but said I could try douching her first.  WOW, where do I begin.

Let me know what happens