Dogs Community
Vaginal discharge from my dog

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

Vaginal discharge from my dog

Our 13 year old female german sheperd was diagnosed with lymphoma and underwent chemo therapy for 5 months.  She is spayed but why is she having mucuos (no odor) like discharge from her vagina?  Is it because of her lymphoma or side effects of chemo but her last chemo was on Sept '08.  Her vet also put her on Baytril therapy because of bladder infection recently but she still has the discharge.  Her vet is now saying that its maybe because of old age since they were not able to detect anything when they did an ultra sound of her lower abdomen.  Please help.
Is your vet certain the discharge is coming from her vagina?  I also wonder if she's developed a vaginal fistula way up inside that hasn't been detected.  It might be worthwhile to do some testing on the fluid to see what, if any, bacteria or fungus may be present.  

You might try posting your question to the Ask a Vet board here at Med Help for a better medical response than I am capable of providing.  You sure have done a great job with your dog - 13 years and lymphoma treatment on top of it?  Wow!  :-)