Vaginal prolapse?
My 7 month old cavalier king charles is on her first doggy period, has been for a week now, but her vagina seems excessiveky swollen. Dou you think it could be a prolapse?
That's one of those questions that requires a veterinary exam to answer.  While it is normal for tissues in the vaginal area to swell during this time, you are right to question how much is too much.  This is an excellent opportunity to learn more about your girl's heat cycles and what to expect - from your own vet.  Unless you are a licensed breeder, I hope you will take this opportunity to speak to your vet about spaying.  In addition to calming your dog down and not having to deal with blood all over your house, your dog will have a less than 1% chance of developing mammary cancer as opposed to an 8% chance without spaying.  Bottom line:  see your vet.  :-)