Dogs Community
What would be the reason???

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

What would be the reason???

Hello all,

I have a 17 months old doberman. Me and hubby trained him very well. He usually goes for potty...but some times he straight away goes to my servant maid and strats pee on her. it's second time...he did the same thing today..what would be the cause...he don't event touch other servants...is my dog facing some behavioral problems...how can I control him..???
I see you have a pretty young dog and a male. Has he been neutered?  Males are notorious for marking, that is basically how they claim territory.
My question would be, is this a new maid to your home?  Does she have dogs of her own?  If so, he may be claiming her or he may smell the odor of a dog she has or has been around.  He needs to be trained that this is not acceptable, which means you have to be a few steps ahead of him and watch for the behavior.  When you see he is going to mark something, you need to tell him *No!* and distract him.  You can always put a belly band on him when he is in the house or when the maid is there. You can confine him to have access to only certain areas of your home and possibly not where the servants are.  You can also get a squirt bottle of water and (you have to be a couple steps ahead of him and watch his behavior) when he looks like is going to urinate on someone, they turn quickly and squirt him with the water and give a firm *No!*  
Could be any number of reasons he is doing that but I'd maybe guess it is because it is someone new in *his* environment or he is possibly smelling other dogs on them.  
Training and patience.   Sometimes these *boys* can just be very territorial and sometimes they do it out of anxiety (but that doesn't necessarily sound like the case here).
Example:  I have an older, male Greyhound here that is neutered and never goes in the house.  However, if he is left alone for long, I found out he will go in the living room and mark the end of the coffee table!!  I'm sure, with him, it is an anxiety thing. That room doesn't really have a door that I can close to it so now, when we leave, I have an ex-pen I pull across the opening to keep him out of there.  He hasn't marked any other place in the house except that room.
Thanks for ur response....we haven't neutered our dog...we are planning to send him for breeding...she(maid) has been working since 11 months...he was some what 7 months old at the time..at the beginning Shadow(dog name) used to chase the maid and her 2 years old son... They were both scared and running through out the house.. she didnt even dare to step into shadow's place...till this time the same thing continues... Shadow is ok with maid but her son still start running when ever he faces shadow...shadow goes with other kids very well but he barks at maid kid... At that time he don't even listen to me...