Why Do Dogs Leave earth First?
Why Do Dogs Leave Earth First?
a child answers...
" Being a veterinarian, I have been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish Wolfhound named, Belker. The dog's owners, Ron, his wife Lisa, and their little boy, Shane, were all very attached to Belker, and they were hoping for a miracle. I examined Belker and found that he was dying of Cancer.

I told the family that we couldn't do anything more for Belker and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog, in their home. As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me that they thought it would be good for six-year-old, Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.

The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker's family surrounded him. The young boy, Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away.

The little boy seemed to accept Belker's transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a long while after Belker's death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animals lives are shorter than human lives. Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, " I know why."

Startled, we all turned to him. what came out of his mouth stunned me. I'd never heard a more comforting explanation. it has changed the way I try to live. He said, " People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life-- like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?" The six-year-old continued, " Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long."

aplacetolovedogs. c o m
How beautiful. I bet that IS the reason.