Withdrawn
My 14 yr old chihuahua is being treated for stage 5 heart murmur and three days ago we had the worst news ever. We found out that her kidney's are failing and functioning at 25%. We started her on the IV fluids which my vet recommended. Two days ago she would follow me all over the house as if she was afraid that I would leave her. Today I can't get her to sit with me. When I try to have a seat next to her on the sofa, she'll go to the other sofa to sit. I'm not sure why she is so withdrawn from me today.
It could be that your dog is distancing herself from you to try to make things easier.  Dogs are very loving however, when it is there time they seem to want to be alone.  I know this is hard on all of you but dogs will give the fight up just like a human will.  I do hope that this is not what is happening and good luck with your dog.
Jaketubby is right, dogs tend to hide away or shy away from the 'pack' when they are feeling unwell, mainly because their instincts tell them to do this. In the wild, wolves (which all of our dogs are directly related to) will attack or alternatively shun an injured pack member, as it is of no use for guarding or searching for food. The injured animal will isolate itself - and ultimately it will die. This does not have to be the situation in your case, however, as there is still lots you can do to help your best friend feel better - and if she feels better, she will become more sociable. Ask your vet about anti-nausia medication, as this will help her to eat properly, and keep up the IV fluids. Look on this site for other very useful advice on prolonged care for kidney failure in dogs. Sadly, kidney failure is not curable, but with good management, you can extend the time you both have together. Tony
I meant to add, Connie (TwoBitsmum) has created a group for owners with dogs that have kidney disease ... http://www.medhelp.org/forums/show/1418?personal_page_id=2440531

The group has only just started, but it is a good place to ask any questions and get answers from owners experienced in this specific area. Tony