Dogs Community
Worry about rabies

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

Worry about rabies

I'm a Chinese and living in china. I was bitten by a dog( now I am quite sure it's a healthy pet because that it is alive now) of my sister in January  this year.so I got rabies vaccines after that happend and I checked the antibody in the institution that I'm positive.but after that I have mental problem. I always worry that a dog or cat would bitten or scratch me when I hang out on the street. When I see cut on my body,I can't  help  thinking that it's a cut made by animal. After another cut issue this month I trapped into my mental problem.so I went to hospital to have rabies vaccines again.but recently I started to worry about that maybe I have HIV.  I never have sex with anyone. I'm a virgin.I never have blood transfusion or take drugs. And of course my mother is very healthy(she is a doctor).but I have met some gay friends since last year(maybe this year.I could not remember) .sometimes I have lunch or talk with them..I suspect that someone of them maybe has HIV . One of them  is my best friend now. He and I slept on the same bed sometimes but I use my own pillow and bedclothes . Two months ago he had HIV checking and he is negative. But it cannot comfort my worries.now I really suspect that I have HIV and bitten by a dog or cat. Even though I got rabies vaccines ,I think it's invalid because of my HIV.  I don't know that  if I am a HIV carrier at the incubation stage or some other stage,can my body product antibody for rabies? I dare not go to hospital to have HIV checking. I'm a college student and I'm really suffering!  I don't know what to do.maybe I just need a mental doctor.I'm  really sick of that to look everywhere to check if there is a dog when I walk outside. I also worry about daily issues such as that my hand touch the super face of some objects like pats ,chairs ,some buttons of elevator,shoes and so on which contain rabies or HIV virus.after touching it I eat food with fingers  ( sometimes I forget to wash my hand! But It rarely happen).             Friends said that I have already gotten crazy.                  I need help!!!!!!!     Thanks for your patience to finish reading my wordy.
You sound like you are dealing with a lot of anxiety!
I am not reading anything that would have put you at high risk for rabies or HIV.  If you have a Health Dept, call and ask them how prevalent Rabies is in your area.  Best thing you can do, it not to try to pet any strange animals.  I believe Rabies is transmitted through saliva of an infected animal.
If you have a scratch, just make sure to wash it well.  You are at risk of getting an infection more so than Rabies.  Many of us here have had dog or cat scratches or bites but never got Rabies.
You should post your HIV concerns on that board.  It is really not that easy to catch unless you exchange bodily fluids, share needles, etc of an infected person.
I doubt you are crazy but certainly anxious.  Why not seek some counseling as it may help.  
Good luck