Yorkie eating habits
Anybody know why my 11mth.old Yokie likes to eat one morsel standing on the footstool, goes to dish and returns again to the foot stool over and over and over???
My chihuahua does that too. Do you have any other dogs? Sometimes dogs will grab a piece of food one at a time if they think that they won't get a chance at another piece.
Fun, isn't it?  :-)   My (past) dachshund would always take three bits of kibble (not two, not four), set them on the floor, then eat them one by one then go back to the bowl and do it all over again (and again, and again).

What does he/she do if the footstool is removed?   It doesn't sound like a big deal - just a cute little quirk - but I would wonder what would happen if he was sick one day and couldn't get on the stool.

Enjoy these cute little things - you will miss them one day.
If the foot stool is not there he will jump in our laps or on the sofa. My daughters chihuahua does the three morsels thing LOL!  MUST BE A LITTLE DOG THING. Just curious about the pyshc. of it. THANKS
Nope, not a "little dog thing" at all.  I have no idea what goes through their heads, but I've seen dogs of all sizes do the same thing.  At least they're neat about it.  I've never had so much as a loose piece of kibble left on the floor.  LOL!
My friends chihuahua would get one piece from upstairs, take it all the way downstairs and under the couch, then eat it and go all the way back. Needless to say she was a pretty fit little dog.