adrenal tumor surgery
Has anyone's dog had this surgery?  I've been trying to educate myself over the last week since I found out that Bandit has cushings.  We're still in the testing phase of all of this.  He had the low dex test which made the vet suspcious that this was an adrenal tumor as opposed to the more common pituitary tumor.  Went yesterday for the high dex test and are awaiting results.  From there, if adrenal tumor is still suspected, our next step is to meet with a specialist to have an Ultrasound of the abdomen done.  My vet indicated that surgery would be the preferred treatment, but I've read that there are a lot of risks with this surgery.  Has anyone had a dog go through it?  My dog is relatively young for the cushing diagnosis-only 7.  Recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism as well but otherwise has been healthy.  
I would have the surgery, if it will cure your dog.  Ours had pitutary tumor Cushings, for which surgery can't be done.  It is a difficult disease to control, so do all you can to help with the management, even if it means surgery.  Question how many surgeries they have done, and their outcomes.  I feel that if something would have happened to my dog during surgery, I at least gave it my best shot, and she would not have suffered at all, which is the main concern.
I will be very careful about a surgery for a dog with hypothyroidism. Just like   in humans  - anesthesia is not the best option .Takes  a lot of risks.

We go through all the tests,ultrasounds e.t.c.in 2008.
Few hundreds dollars later she was diagnosed with adrenal dependent hyperadrenocorticism.
My (now) 14 y. old dog is in a very good shape  after 2 years on Cushing meds and 3 years on thyroid meds.

Good luck!
Monika