Dogs Community
are fish oil products okay for dogs w/ irritated skin???

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

i have a three year old french bulldog/pug weighing in at 29 pounds. he has skin irritations that ovbiously make him itch constantly. i have recently heard about fish oil products that help dogs with their skin and fur coats. the product is a HALO VitaGlo Dream Coat. the dosage on the back says that he should take 10ml(2l evel tsp). i've been giving it to him for two days and he's not itching like before and he's softer and has a much shinier coat. should i be giving my dog this? i asked my vetinarian about this here subject but he keeps telling me i should be buying pills. should i use the fish oil and if so am i giving the right amount to my dog or not. please comment back and give me your responses. all comments are especially appreciated. thank you.
I have read many positive remarks about Halo's Dreamcoat. Whatever the dose on the bottle says is what you should give. Usually, it takes longer than a couple of days to notice a difference. However, good for your furkid!  I use liquid fish oil and not pills for my dogs....Hope this helps.