Dogs Community
bile vomiting in early morning hours

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

bile vomiting in early morning hours

I have a 9 month old spayed lhaso apso that within the last 2 weeks has started vomiting yellow bile only during the sleeping at night hours or early in the a.m. She's extremely healthy with a good appetite and bowel movements. She's very energetic.  I feed her Beneful by Purina.  She does not throw up during the day.  We recently took her to the beach in california and she ate some sand, could this cause the problem? She has all of her current vaccinations. I can't really afford a large vet bill and was hoping you could give me some ideas or tell me if this is common.  She doesn't eat people food and weighs about 12-14 lbs.  Thank you for any information you can give me.
I use to have a poodle that did this on a regular basis. That was until I started giving him a bedtime snack. I felt like he had to go too long from dinner to his morning meal, and ended up with a empty stomach also, vomiting yellow bile in the mornings. You might do a check on Purina Beneful. I just looked up the ingredients and didn't see anything of nutritional value listed. Well, maybe the peas and carrots? (Except they're full of unwanted dyes and I doubt that they are really peas and carrots!)  Corn is the #1 ingredient and used just as a filler. Has NO nutrition in it. Also, most dogs are allergic to corn. I'm not even gonna say what by-products  means....You don't want to know!  I see NO meat listed, for the carnivore (Your Puppy). Maybe her food is making her sick!  Just my opinion, but I hope this helps you and her.
P.S.  An example of a bedtime snack: A doggie cookie or bisquit. I make homemade ones out of baby food. They each will get one or two right at bedtime and I won't be cleaning up yellow bile tomorrow morning.   :)          
It could be just a dietary issue as MisFit mentioned.  Also, your pup should be on a puppy food diet for 14 months, or at least be taking a puppy vitamin supplement.  A change in diet to a premium puppy food would be a good place to start.  If that makes no difference, you're going to have to cough up the money for a vet exam.  If there is a problem, it's only going to get more expensive the longer you let it go untreated.  She may just have a GI tract infection that will be quickly (and cheaply) taken care of with antibiotics.

For a free veterinarian's opinion, you can post your question to Dr. Cheng on the Ask a Vet (Pet Health) board here at Med Help.  Hope your pup will be OK.  :-)
My 7 month old Bichon Frise is throwing up yellow bile for the past two mornings.
10 day ago she was spayed and threw up yellow bile the next day She does not like any doggie food so I have given her people food. Now this morning she won't even eat chicken
There doesn't seem to be anything else wrong. sleeps good, exercises everyday and is very active. Would an anti acid help? Please let me know what could be wrong.
By 4 month old lab isn't eating anything from past two days. Vet gave emeset and digeplus for it this morning but even after medication it has vomited. Its not showing any interest in eating food. Any suggestions? Your help is appreciated. Thanks