boxer limp
After a very active weekend for my 1 1/2 year old boxer, I noticed that he woke up the next morning limping and refused to go out for his morning walk.  He didnt want to put any presure on his paw at all.  I checked his leg and shoulder blades and nothing seemed to hurt him until I got to his paw.  His one nail on his right paw was all black.  I took him to the vet and they confirmed that he was okay and that the problem should slowly go away.  A few days go by and his limp disappeared and the toe nail slowly is returning to the natural color.  Just as I thought the problem was gone; my dog just woke up with a limp again, even worse then before.  PLEASE SOMEONE GIVE ME ANY INFORMATION thank you.
I don't want to diagnose, as it's not my place, but you may want to have an xray done and have them look for ligament tearing, or cartilage damage.

Same thing happened to my English Mastiff, on both sides at the same time (she tore her ACL and MCL, rear legs), and had to have (2) separate surgeries to repair them.

Talk to your vet and see what they think... I'm willing to bet that if you call them, they'll say that an xray is more than likely the next step.

Good luck.
If it is coming from his rear legs then I would agree to have an x-ray done. I have a 2 1/2 year old boxer and when he was just over a year he would do the same thing after running a lot. We took him in and they took an x-ray and the ligament that extended was over his knee cap was stretched, so then his knee cap would move out of place. So we had to put him on glucosamen (sp?) and if that didn't work then he would of had to have surgery.