brown vaginal discharge
I have a 4 year old spayed dog who has a light brownish vaginal discharge.  I noticed it on her skin when I was scratching her belly.  I've noticed it before and didn't think anything of it until now.  I do notice at times when we're walking she'll sit down very quickly and wiggle her bum ...but she doesn't scoot.  I don't think the discharge has an odor.  She is eating good (too good) and she drinks quite a bit of water.  Not sure what to think.  I've been reading articles on discharge but I haven't come across one that says it's a light brownish color.  Your thoughts?  Thank you!
Light brown could be either old blood or feces, or even anal gland material.  Since your dog has been spayed, I think you need a vet to take a look at the problem.  If you are certain this material is coming from the vagina, there are any number of things that could be happening including a vaginal infection or even a fistula that is allowing feces to drain through the vagina.  There's no point in wondering and worrying - just go ahead and get a professional opinion now so the problem doesn't get worse and more expensive.  :-)
thanks for the advice ...you know I'm not 100% certain it's coming from her vagina.  Something you said kind of made sense - the anal gland.  When she has a poo she will often sit down really fast and do this kind of spinning thing while she sits.  She doesn't scoot but definitely does squish her bum many times after she goes.  I will be taking her to the vet though....when I think about this, it makes alot of sense.  She's constantly sitting and kind of squirming.  I have dewormed her too but I think the anal gland material may just be what is happening.  Thanks.