bumps on boxers head
my dog, now about 10 months, has bumps on top of her head.  they are hard, but i can move them around a little - so I guess, they don't seem to be "attached" to anything?  they have appeared over time, not all at once.  one of them is starting to part the hair slightly so i can see the scalp... i was told it was an allergy, but not by my vet, which i will take her too soon... but just wondered if you've heard of anything like this.  she is a boxer and one of those bumps has been there, really since i got her @ 3 months, or so.  the others have appeared over time.  at any rate, they are just on the very top of her head... running towards the back of her head!  no other lumps/bumps anywhere else.
I'm not certain what these little bumps are, so do check it with your vet. But it's possible they are little 'nodules' filled with a fatty material. My dog occasionally develops those. They are rounded, small, hard, just beneath the skin, and sometimes if they are very close to the surface, they 'open up' and a little brownish, fatty substance can be gently squeezed out. No blood. Then I just dab a little antiseptic on, and it clears up and doesn't recur.

However, I'm not saying you should try this, in case it isn't the same thing.
If not sure, please take her to the vet.
Sorry you waited so long for an answer.
The safest thing to do would be to take her to the vet as Ginger suggested.  It's basically impossible to diagnose anything on a message board.  I know that you said in your post that you do intend to take her, so while I don't feel that it's probably anything that's an emergency, she does need to be seen by a vet in the near future to be diagnosed and treated, if necessary.

Please stay around our community and join in our conversations!   Also, when you do get back from seeing the vet, pleast post and let us know what the bumps on your boxer's head are.  :)

Ghilly
What Ghilly just said is so true! None of us here can see what's going on, for real, with anyone's dogs. The only people who can see that are, the owners, and the vet.