can i give my dog flucloxacillin 500mg
can i give my dog fucloxacillin 500mg
It's best never to self-medicate your dog with antibiotics.  Depending on what your dog's ailment is, you might be giving them an antibiotic that is made to fight gram negative bacteria when the infection is caused by gram positive bacteria.  Not all antibiotics are safe for animals to take, either.  

What are your dog's symptoms?  If your dog is acting ill to the point where you think he needs an antibiotic, the only safe thing to do is to take him to the vet and have something prescribed for his specific needs.

If you are mistaken in your assessment of his problem, you can do more harm than good by giving him an antibiotic that he may not need.  This is how the new "superbugs" are being devrloped.  People are self-medicating (themselves and their pets) with antibiotics that are either the wrong medicine for the bacteria or they don't have enough to take a sufficient amount and all it does is end up making the bacteria resistant to any antibiotic.  At that point, something very simple can become something deadly because nothing will control it since it has become resistant to antibiotics.

Please don't take any chances.  If you think your dog is ill or has an infection, take him to the vet for the appropriate treatment.

Ghilly