caner
My 15 yr old yorkie/australian terr/jackruss. has inoperable cancer.  I took him to his vet,  he is on pain meds and antibiotics.  He has lived a good life.  I watched him being born.  He was my therapy dog for about 6 yrs.  I will miss him terribly.  I have another "incase" dog - a cockapoo who is scared most of the time, and cries alot.  I'm used to him now.  Koke is be alpha dog in this house.  
I am so sorry to hear about your dog.  Years ago one of our dogs developed cancer at 15, and we kept her going as long as possible.  It is so hard.  Your other dog will help, but it still isn't the same.  I guess all you can do is tell yourself you gave him a great life and lots of love, which is all a dog would want. Take Care.
Thank u  for resonding!  I know it won't be the same dog as Koke, but atleast I will have "backup".
My sweet baby boy Kobuk passed away this am.  I held & rocked him until be got cold.  I will miss him terribly.
I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  I know how you feel as i just lost my beloved girl a week ago.  May you find comfort in your memories~~~~~~~sara
I am so sorry to hear your sad news. I know what it feels like. My white dog, Toby died of inoperable cancer too. Some years back, and my heart has healed now. But I remember that night when he passed.

And Sara -I hope you are OK. God bless.
I'm so sorry to hear about Kobuk.  I hope you find some comfort with your other dog.  One of ours died last February, and it helped to have another, although she is going on 12, which really scares me.  It is so hard.  Like Sara said, try to remember the good times.
Thank you for replying and encouragement!  I took an ad in our local paper with his pic and bd and dday.  That way my friends will know.  He'd get Christmas presents from my bros & siss.  I put him as my son on fb.  When my nieces & newphew would come over I say ur cousins are coming and he would get so excited.  I will have nice thots of him.
He had a better life than a lot of people, I hope you find some comfort in knowing you did a great job of making him a happy puppy..
My dog Jay died of cancer a year ago. I still miss him so much. At the time of Jay's death I was keeping a rescue dog until I found him a home. I named the rescue dog Tiki. I did finally find Tiki a home- mine!! I really never thought I could love any other dog as much as I loved Jay. I was numb for weeks after Jay died and went thru the motions of caring for Tiki. One year later I can say Tiki is everything to me. I'll never beable to replace Jay nor would I want to. He was one of a kind. I also know I will never beable to replace Tiki. He is one of a kind. I love him with all my heart!