chihuahuas and seizures
Can i give my chihuahua puppy some of my medication for seizures if my puppy has seizures?
Aside from POSSIBLY an enteric coated aspirin if your dog pulls a muscle or twists something, NEVER give ANY medication to your dog without first consulting your veterinarian.  ESPECIALLY toy breeds.  I cannot stress that enough!

Many medicines that are helpful to humans are DEADLY to dogs, and you are dealing with an extremely tiny dog here.  Why is your dog having seizures?  Has he been diagnosed with a seizure disorder already or has he just started having seizures?  There are MANY different reasons why a dog can have seizures.  It could be epilepsy.  It could be (and especially in a tiny breed like a chihuahua) due to a crash in blood sugar that led to hypoglycemia because the dog went too long in between meals.  It could be due to an injury that your dog sustained that you were not aware he even sustained.  Chihuahuas have a molera (comparable to the fontanelle in a human baby) in their skull that is open that, if the puppy's head is hit, can lead to a seizure disorder.  The only way to tell is to see a veterinarian immediately!

Since it's the weekend, the only thing you can really do is to take your dog to the emergency clinic.  Please don't wait until Monday.  Seizures are a sign of something serious and need to be addressed IMMEDIATELY.  Please let us know what the diagnosis is.  Good luck!

Ghilly