collapsed trachea??
I have a four pounds,  11 year old Chihuahua.  He has been coughing since mid August.  First the Doctor thought he may have fluid in his lungs, even though the lungs sounded clear, but he thought it may develop later in the day and gave him Lasix.  Then he thought that his little heart may be enlarged and gave him Enacard.  Every year when he has his teeth cleaned, he neds a few teeth removed.  He only has very few left.  Various x-rays showed no fluids.   Ultra sound showed no leaking valves, no heart murmur either.   The Cardiologist said there is no need for the Enacard or Lasix anymore.  They assume now that he has a collapsed trachea.  He has been  taken Torbutrol, but it has not helped either.  The cough is real severe some days and not so bad on others.  At this time I am afraid to pick him up, for fear to push on his tummy or throat.   I put a little blanket on him and grab him from the sides.   Sometimes I wonder if he may have an allergy.   His cough is always more severe in the evening and and every time he moves.  Appreciate any advise you can give.  Thank you very much.  
I forgot that he had been twice on antibiotics (Clavamox), but it did not help.