diaphragmatic hernia
my 3 month old mini-schnauzer has diaphragmatic hernia.  her's happens to be congenital.  has anyone had to deal with this?  my options are: end her to a specialist, surgery just to see if she has a diaphragm to fix, or let her be until it get worse.  i've only had her for 1.5 months and i'm already attached.  she has her good days and bad days of course.  she seems to struggle a bit at night.  what do i do?  
Since they were both identical in wording, I took the liberty of deleting your duplicate post so that all the replies would be confined to the one thread.  :)

Have you alerted her breeder to let them know that the puppy has this condition?  I would certainly do that since a repeat breeding of this puppy's parents could result in other puppies with diaphragmatic hernias.  

You are faced with two choices - you can talk to the breeder about getting a replacement puppy, or you can have the surgery done on your puppy to correct the condition.  From what you have said, if she is struggling with this, you need to have it corrected so that the puppy is comfortble.  

I can very well understand you being attached to her, I get attached to critters INSTANTLY, so I can see where you would be reluctant to give her back to the breeder at this point for a replacement puppy.  If you absolutely cannot bear to give her back, I would most definitely talk with the breeder about having her pay for the surgery.  You bought and paid for what you thought was a healthy puppy, and it's up to the breeder to provide you with one.  A puppy with a congenital hernia should not have passed a well puppy exam to label it fit for sale, so I'm wondering if the breeder even took the puppies to the vet for their puppy exams.  

I would talk to the breeder before making any decisions, and base my decision on how cooperative they seem to want to be with you, but whatever the case may be, this puppy does need to have a surgical correction of the hernia.  It's the only humane thing to do.

Ghilly