dog eating chicken bones
my 2 year old rotwilder ate a half of cooked chicken about 1 hour ago.  I want to know what do i look for in the coming day and weekend to tell me there is a problem with him.   Is there something my vet can give him to digest the bones.  Can  you please help.  Thank you
No, there isn't anything better than a dog's own stomach acids for breaking down bones.  The smaller ones are dangerous if they become lodged in the throat.  The larger ones can get broken into slivers during chewing and cut everything from the esophogus to the stomach and through the intestines.

If your dog is usually kept on his own regular diet, the sudden influx of fat from the meat and bone marrow can cause anything from garden variety indigestion with vomiting to full-blown pancreatitis.  If he doesn't vomit it up, it might reappear as diarrhea.

What you'll want to watch for is any kind of odd behavior indicating he's uncomfortable.  If his abdomen noticeably begins bloating, he may have a puncture from a bone inside.  That's an emergency.  Any blood in that appears in vomit or feces would also be an emergency.  

Now would be a good time to check out ER vet clinics in your area.  If you call your regular vet clinic they should have an outgoing message instructing you what to do in an emergency.  Most will include a phone number to an ER clinic.

I've given you the worst-case scenarios here.  Chances are good that nothing at all will happen and your dog will be just fine.  Thanks for looking out for him, and let us know if he's OK.  :-)