dog not eating, but blood work is normal
Our 11 yr. old Italian Greyhound is not eating.  We took him to the vet. and they did blood work and x-rays on him.  They also took his temp. and he had a fever so they gave him medicine for that.  The x-rays and blood work came out normal, but he is still not eating and has lost more than 2 lbs.  The. vet. said that it could be cancer.  My question is if the blood work and x-ray came out normal then how can it be cancer.  If it is cancer wouldn't the blood work be abnormal and his white blood count be off?  The vet. said the only way to be sure if it is cancer is to do an ultrasound.  
Cancer or not, it sounds like a very bad problem - particularly in an 11-year-old dog.  If you can get copies of the lab results, I suggest you post the information to one of the Veterinarian forums here at Med Help.  They should be able to help you understand what's happening and suggest other testing they might think necessary in this situation.  I hope the pancreas and kidneys were included in the lab work.

If your dog is still drinking, you might try offering low-sodium chicken broth or even gatorade.  Sometimes nauseated dogs will take a little plain white yogurt, cottage cheese, plain white rice or even oatmeal.  If he isn't drinking, you have a big problem with dehydration.  That will require immediate treatment so keep a sharp eye on water intake.

Since it's the weekend, make sure you know where the nearest emergency vet is located.  Most clinics have an after-hours recording instructing you where to go in these situations.  It's always best to be prepared before the emergency strikes.

Keep us posted. We're all hoping for a good outcome for you both.  :-)
Thanks Jaybay for the advice.  We took him to the vet. today and they did a lyme blood test on him.  We'll have the results in a few days.  They prescribed some non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicine for him to take.  Since we came home from the vet. he has not drank or eaten anything.  This morning before we took him he was at least drinking now he hasn't moved from his bed. I wonder if the visit to the vet was too truamatic for him.