Dogs Community
dog peeing blood

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

dog peeing blood

my dog is a little over a year old and was house brokend but latley has been peeing inside and very frequently. then to day when i looked in his cage there was a lot of blood and then he started to pee blood. I am at anaimal emergency care but they said it would cost up to 1000 to even diognose the problem idk what to do. . . .about 4 hours ago there was a possiblity that he ate glass but it could of only been a tiny tiny peice and i cant even remember if he was in the kitchen at that time. does anyone have any ideas or thought that could help out. i love my dog and i dont want to see him hurt. . . . my dog does also have a heart mermer and the doc said that if they put him down to find out what is the matter with him there is a chance he could die. PLEASE HELP
the dog is also not in any pain.
I might be wrong but this doesn't sound any way related to the possibility he ate glass. If he ate glass only a few hours ago you would be looking at different symptoms, such as signs of pain...vomiting blood...etc. I am pretty sure, at least.

There is a possibility he has either a very bad urinary infection...or a bladder tumor...or bladder stones. Unfortunately to diagnose whatever is going on means the vets will have to run a few tests, and of course, this costs money.

And I know it is difficult to find that money up-front. But that's the way it goes when we care for dogs. One minute they are fine -the next minute an emergency comes up where money is needed. If you don't have the cash immediately available, would your vet allow you to pay the bill in stages? (sometimes if they know you and trust you they will waive the rules a bit and allow this, though I would avise you to speak to the vet in charge, rather than the receptionist, who will almost certainly say no!
Is there any way you can pay for that on credit? ie, by borrowing from the bank, or using a credit card?

I hope they find out quickly what is wrong with him, and things work out OK.
Get him straight to the vet. If he has eaten glass it could be really serious.
It could even be crystals in the bladder and it cost $50 to get it checked and it worth it, Because that can be life threatening.
Did they do a urinalysis to check for bacteria? Two of mine had this symptom and it was a bladder infection, treated with antibiotics.
Hi Sweetheart...I'm sorry we're all late on this one.....I hope you got the He!! out of that Emergency Clinic! I wish I would have seen your post last night, I would have told you to get your dog and run!

Please, if your reading this, call a regular Vet TODAY (Before they close for the weekend)......Get him in to have a Urinalysis (They will squeeze his bladder to collect some pee), and then analyze it for blood and bacteria.....

A round of oral antibiotics will be given....Make sure you give them correctly!
The symptoms your describing, along with frequent peeing in the house all of the sudden, are classic of UTI. (Urinary Tract Infection).

IMO, your dog is too young to have Bladder or Kidney stones which cause these symptoms, but can also be created by an ongoing infection.......

Have the Vet check the heart murmur, too. They will be able to hear it during the examine. Dogs can live a long, normal life with murmurs, so don't panic.....

All of this should cost you about $150 depending on where you live.....PLease, take care of it as the infection will only get worse and can spread to bladder, then kidneys, then gets dangerous....

Good luck and please come back and let us know what happened.....I will be worried about you both.......Karla
hey my 4 and a 1/2 month old pitbull puppy is is doing the same thing, he also has a heart mermer did you find out what was wrong with your dog? please help me as well :S