Dogs Community
dog still leaks with Proin

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

dog still leaks with Proin

My dog has had reacurent UTI's much of her life, she just completed Baytril. She is on Proin, and Sunday I started her on Proin 50 mg morning and night, she is still leaking all the time. I know she has a growth down toward the right of her stomach, I had two vets look at it, both said it was a fatty tumor. I don't know what else to look for. I don't have unending resources to spend on her.
Ick!  I dunno what is going on, except could the fatty tumor possibly be compressing the bladder in some way?  MY former bulldog Beatrice had chronic bladder issues every time she came into heat (which was alarmingly regular) and it was largely due to the fact that her internal organs were not really where they were supposed to be (she had a hemi-vertabrae, fused tailbone, holes in her heart and other joys)! Proin helped her to some extentbut she still leaked overnight often.  I finally just made sure she slept on an easily washable comforter on a tile floor.
On a related note for coping, when my APBT Pumpkin was on massive prednisone for RA, she was a peeing machine, especially in her sleep.  I used hospital style bed mats everywhere to limit the damage, since she is 'mommy's baby' and would have been brokenhearted to be kicked off the sofa or the bed.  To this day, I have a waterproof mattress cover on (it has also saved my mattress from late night stomach ailments lol!)
I realize this isn't much help :-), maybe someone else has something better!
I have waterproof covers on my beds because of dust mite allergies I have, so I never have any issues of her or any of my dogs sleeping in the bed with me....just have to wash often...but that is love...lol
yeah, I have wonder about that fatty tumor as well putting pressure on the bladder. I read in one vet book I have that stated that dogs with constant UTI's it is often due to bladder cancer.
Between me not getting any rest and making sure they get their meds ontime, and wondering about her---I am ready to leave home! Only problem is, I would have to take them with me...lol
Maybe you and I should switch for a week, at least we'd have slightly different problems to contend with.  And I'm nocturnal due to fibro so I can cover meds lol! How are you at 'rotating' pit bulls around the house?
LOL...I could use a change in scenery !