Dogs Community
dog swallows Plavix

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

dog swallows Plavix

I have a 15lb Mini Schnauzer who swallowed one of my husband's Plavix this morning. My husband was pouring it from its container into his hand when it fell onto the floor. The dog was right at his feet and was on it like white on rice.Has this happened to anyone else? What did you do? How long does it take for this medication to get out of the system in a dog? Thanks
wow i wouldbe taking or calling his dr real fast that could be fatal for a small dog
Avatar n tn
He went to the vet yesterday and they did blood work and everything came out OK.
the vet told us to watch him closely for any sign of bleeding for the next five days. By then the platelets will have replenished and he should be OK. Thanks for your reply.
oh thats great , glad you took him,  and now he will have clean heart values. have a great weekend