Dogs Community
dog vomiting and not eating or drinking
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

dog vomiting and not eating or drinking

Ok, so i have a 10 year old mut that is part collie, part shepherd, and part golden retreiver. She has not been eating or drinking much (half a bowl of food and water each) for the past 4 days. She is acting lethargic when not doing anything, (she will typically fall asleep in about 10 or so minutes but now will fall asleep within 30 seconds to a minute) but it doesnt stop her from wanting to move around if she wants to do something. She has been going to the bathroom fine. She has been vomiting occasionally - so far she has vomited 3 times in the past 4 days. This all started when me and my dad were gone for a whole day and she was left home alone. The person we hired as a babysitter for her went to check on her for a few minutes ever 4 or so hours.

Any ideas on what this might be? Everything that I have read says take her to the vet, but my dad refuses to take her to the vet and still insists on trying to coach her into eating and drinking.
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
675347_tn?1365464245
No please -try to convince him to take her to the vet. Some things -like simple tummy upsets, resolve themselves, usually in 24 hours or so. But if like you say she has been like this for some time, there has to be something wrong. It could be pancreatitis....it could be kidney problems....
She does need to see a vet.
Blank
When my cat refused to eat/drink we took him to the vet and he was having kidney issues (he was going to the bathroom fine as well).  It would be wise to have home checked out soon so they can start treatment if it is the kidneys.
Blank
974371_tn?1364538460
At that age with those symptoms and length of time, I would definitely be off to the Vet.  Agree with Ginger.  Better to get that checked rather then second guess.  At least get some blood work done.
Blank
thanks guys, my dad finaly decided to take her to the vet and the vet said that she was very dehydrated and needed an IV for fluids badly, but besides that she was just overreacting to the stress of not having us home for a day. No real problem besides dehydration and stress, but aparently my dog has anxiety problems or something like that... go figure!
Blank
974371_tn?1364538460
Glad you  had the dog checked.  Anxiety can cause all kinds of problems.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dogs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...