dog vomiting black tarry stuff!
My cousin just called me . She was very concerned as her dog has vomited something black and tarry looking. It stained the carpet also. Im thinking this may be blood but her stool was normal. she cant get into the vet today because of the holiday. Does anyone have any ideas as to what this may be? thanks in advance

SHELFY
Black and tarry usually means digested blood.  could be somethhing unusual like a foreign object that irritated the stomach and small intestines, then was - thankfully kicked out. or could mean a more serious problem further down the tract and you will begin to see signs of that in the stool.  Could be over, or could signal more to come.  Watch her close and as soon as you see other signs like, vomiting with or without anything being produced, abdominal pain, fever, diarrhea of any kind or color - then it's time to head to the ER.