dogs and stds.
this is something that has recently caught my attention. is it possible for dogs/cats to contract human stds in anyway shape or form? like hpv for instance. can a dog /cat catch that disease at all? reason why i ask this is because some diseases originated from other animals, so is this possible? this just got me thinking.
As STD's are only contractable by sexual activity (except for things like HIV and Hepatitis, which can be contracted by blood-to-blood contact....and are not strictly STD's anyway) -then I would say dogs and cats cannot catch a human STD. Also, although there is a feline form of the HIV virus, and a canine form of Hepatitis, these viruses are different strains to the ones which cause the human form of the diseases.

As the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) is spread by sexual contact, then obviously dogs and cats cannot catch it from humans. Canines have their own strain of papilloma virus, but it does not cross species.

Yes, there are cases of virus mutations crossing the species barrier, but as far as I know, these do not include sexually-contracted
infections.
so what if, worst case scenario, a human had sex with a dog. what would happen?
As that would be a very unnatural act, and a bad idea for both dog and human for various reasons, then I would say all manner of infections could result from a practice like that. And possibly viral mutations.

Nature abhors the unnatural.
do you think cancer can result from this?
I hope to God you are not having sex with an animal. If you are, please seek professional help immediately and give that poor animal to someone who can take better care of it. Our pets are innocent, like children, and depend on us. Like ginger said, humans and animals were never meant to copulate.
no no. you misunderstand. I was just asking a question. didnt mean to give you the wrong assumption. sorry.
Cancer can result from a sudden failure of the immune system to regulate abnormal cell formation. These rogue cells develop in us all from time to time, but a normal, healthy immune system copes with it in its usual way. It's when the immune system does not do its job that cancers develop.

Then anything that weakens the immune system to a kind of 'tipping-point' can cause cancer.

There's no harm in discussing taboo or even distasteful subjects, in an objective way, I think. But like April says, if this question relates to a real-life situation that you know about, or anyone you know who practices bestiality, it might be wise to get some form of professional help. Because it is not a healthy or natural thing for either animal or Human.