foot sores
I  have a 3 year old boxer.  this summer he has been getting sore in between his toes only on the front feet between the inside two toes.  My vet told me it was probably an outdoor allergy but the last few days I have noticed on the one foot that the sore is very swollen and looks like it may be filled with fluid...my question is if you think this is an allergy or if it may have gotten infected or if something completly different is going on?
Hello & welcome....It sounds like "Interdigital Cysts". BETWEEN the toes is classic..
They can fill up with pus as an abscess appears.....This causes Pain & inflammation to the foot....The swelling your seeing leads me to believe that it is infected and has abscessed.....
The best solution is for your Vet to Drain it.....Topical Antibiotics can be applied as can ATC Peroxide to try to dry them up....However, at this stage, ORAL antibiotics are the best line of defense after it's drained.....
Please, come back and let us know what happens...Take care, Karla