This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

help

i have a 7 week old toy poddle that started vomiting today what to do he has his shots and was dewormed
what "deworm" means ?
Hello & welcome......Vomiting can be caused by a number of things......However, in a puppy this young, dehydration can be a serious complication.... How long has he been vomiting (How many times?) and what does it look like? Is it full of food or foam? What color is it? Does he have diarrhea? How long have you had him?

Another concern: Are you sure he has had his shots & wormed? Or were you just told this? The reason I ask is that this puppy should still be with it's mother....Socialization skills (Learned from mom), are formulated during this age frame...Someone should NOT have let him go this young....That's why I ask; Are you sure about his shots & worming?

If he is acting lethargic, He needs to get to a Vet ASAP....Puppies can go downhill quickly!!! If he was older you could use the wait and see approach: withholding food & then starting a bland diet...However, in a tiny puppy, I'd rather be safe than sorry as again, things can get out of hand fast.....It may just be a simple stomach upset, or his food not right for him to something life threatening like "Parvo". I'm not trying to scare you, just trying to cover all the bases......If possible.....I'd head to the Vet and let them check him out.....Please, keep us posted on your new guy......Karla
"Dewormed" means the pup has had some medicine from the vet to kill worms in its belly. Most pups have worms. But the safest way to "deworm" them is to get medicine from the vet.
I used to buy worm pills from a pet shop, but they started making my dog vomit, so now I only get prescription worm pills, which are gentler for her tummy.
thnx ginger ..btw hru :)

and as my lab is 5 weeks old nand i havnt dewormed it yet .

in a few days its 1st vaccination is going to b on .
Hi, I'm fine, thank you. Hope you and Harry ok too.

When your puppy goes to the vet for the innoculations, it will be the first of  a series of shots he will have.
(It's a bit complicated, but if you're not sure, the vet will explain all this to you.)

At six weeks, a typical puppy will get a combination vaccine that will protect against distemper, parvovirus, hepatitis and adenovirus cough. If the coronavirus is a factor in your area, your vet may suggest innoculating your pup against it as well.

Three weeks later, at age nine weeks, your pup should receive another vaccination. While the first shot has begun to stimulate the pup's immune system, the followup vaccinations will continue working with the immune system to produce the antibodies that will fight disease.

At 12 weeks of age, your pup will get his or her first rabies shot. Although local law may vary concerning the age, rabies vaccinations are required in all states. (This is usually not needed in the UK, though if the puppy may travel outside the UK, the innoculations will be needed)

When he goes for his shots, ask the vet also about de-worming.

Have a nice day. Best wishes to you and Harry! Give him a hug from me!