histiocytosis sarcoma
Need some help.. golden doodle... 7 years old.. diagnosed.. one vet says if we amputate his leg he will be fine.. the other vet says its to late and it has spread throughout.. does anyone have any ideas.. thanks..
X-rays, ultrasound, and possibly a  (nearest to tumor) lymph node biopsy may tell whether this has spread to other body systems. If so, removal of the limb will not help, and palliative care, or possibly chemotherapy will be the only solution. (check with your vet)
If the second vet you mentioned has already done these diagnostic tests and has discovered that the cancer has spread, then removal of the limb will not help.#
If it remains isolated to the limb, with no sign of metastasis so far, then yes, an amputation may well hold this back.
I have heard that this is a very rare form of cancer.

You could try posting your question on the Ask A Vet forum...? You will get a professional answer there.
I cannot add anymore as ginger has given top reply.Except to go to a vet who specialises in cancer as you will always wonder if you put him to sleep.

I am so sorry you have had this devistating news I realise you love him very much.

sincerely joan.
I am very sorry to hear about your dogs cancer and glad to help. If you are able to post actual biopsy, x-ray and blood test results that would help me to offer appropriate suggestions. Please feel free to call our office toll free at 1-866-372-2765.
Best Wishes
Dr Carol Osborne, DVM