information on dosage for gabapentin
what is the usual dosage of Gabapentin for a dog that weighs 50lbs?
I did a Google search and don't really see a specific dose.  Is this for epilepsy or pain?  I assume you got it from a Vet, in which case, the dose should be listed on the bottle?  
It is for pain, i searched also.  My daughters dog was given the med  for her dog who had surgery for blown out ACL.  Someone who was visiting threw out the bottle by mistake, my daughter had put some in another container, to take to friend who was watching her dog.  My daughters dog was on several meds at the same time. Her dog was doing much better so was off meds, well tonight she tried to jump on to the bed, and injured herself. My daughter wanted to put her on it for tonight so her dog could get some relief until a visit to the vet.  THANK YOU!!! for your concern. Oh yes her surgery was over 3 thousand $, but well worth it i just pray it did not get messed up, with that jump.
Is is not possible for your daughter to ring her vet and ask what the previous dosage for the medication was? I know that in humans Gabapentin is an anti-siezure/anti-convulsant drug that is sometimes prescribed for neuropathy. I did not realize that in animals is it prescribed for pain relief since there are other drugs that are specifically for pain management. I hope your daughter's dog feels better soon and I think it is probably best to get the dosage/prescription from the vet rather than guessing. Good Luck.
  Yes, Gabapentin is also used for pain.  My daughter's dog was on it plus other meds.  It was late last night when she reinjured her leg.  We were just wanting something to make the dog comfortable until she could get an appointment with the Ortho specialist who did the surgery.  She has an appointment today.  Thank ou.