inverted vagina
my female shepherd has an inverted vagina and whenever she urinates it burns terribly.  i have a salve from the vet i put on before we walk in the morning, but it still drives her crazy.  is there some type of medication that will reduce the acidity in her urine to help her?  i am afraid that she doesn't urinate as frequently as she should and i am araid of an urine infection. i have searched everywhere for a solution.  thank you
Couple of quick comments;  you probably do not want to alter the pH of her urine, too many secondary problems.  I would suggest the ointment, primarily for protecting the tissue, but you can also get some with a little steroid to calm the tissue.  

There is also a surgery to correct this problem.  The procedure known as vulvoplasty is often performed to correct the anatomical defect and prevent recurrent UTIs.

WE have a dermatologist in the Ask A Vet section and it would be good to get her opinion.