Dogs Community
is there chance of infection??

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

is there chance of infection??

about 12 hours back a 4 week old puppy's teeth scratched my arm...there was no bleeding but the place where its teeth struck is a little red...do i need vaccination
I doubt you need to be vaccinated.  I am a vet tech and get scratched every day by cats and dogs.  Puppies do not tend to have had enough exposure to communicable disease to be able to transmit them to a human.  However, anything is possible.  Keep the wound clean, do not cover it at all (allow air to the area so that it does not hold germs between cleanings).  Watch for swelling, spreading redness, heat around the wound, and any discharge.  These are signs that you need to see a doctor.  But I doubt you will need to... it should heal well enough on its own. :)
I agree, most likely nothing to worry about.  Been down that road many times over the years and I always just give it a good washing with soap and water then use Hydrogen Peroxide or sanitizer on it.
However, I have gotten a couple nasty infections from cat bites and scratches and I am allergic to Tetanus so I end up on strong antibiotics for a couple of weeks.

thank you people..but just to be sure i went to see the doctor and he has already told me to go for vaccination.Its okay and thanks by the way
I wouldn't have any vaccinations you really don't need! The doctor is just erring on the side of caution of course. I happen to think a bit of antiseptic will do the trick.
The countless times I have been scratched, bitten, bloody, weals, etc by this and that in life, and got nothing wrong afterwards at all....
I am sure you will be just fine.
I'm not sure what she means about vaccination, unless she means a Tetanus shot.
I know *countless* times.  LOL!!!  It's the cat bites and scratches that can really cause a problem, been down that path and knew to get myself to the ER one time and my doc the other time.  I end up on antibiotics for two weeks.  :-(  *Stupid Me* story - some years ago, my Mom had a ferral cat in her yard she and my Dad were feeding. Told them not to do that. Well, she had kittens.  I was over there one day and noticed their patio door had been sprayed,  Uh oh.  I told her there was at least one Tom cat around and they will try to kill the kittens so the female will come into heat again. So, I decide to trap them.  I take a couple of my dog crates over to put them in.  The kittens were feral and hiding in a wood pile.  I go to get them and, of course, they all take off.  Now, here is the *Stupid Me* part............I am a *dog* person mainly. Had this been a *dog*, I would have known to get the mother dog contained and/or out of the area.  *Stupid Me* didn't do that with the Mama cat.  I go after the kittens, get one and, of course, it starts yelling.  That Mama cat came running across the yard and got me good!!!!!  She got my arm, my stomach and latched on to my thigh.  I gave up that idea and later that evening, went back and got Mama cat inside the crate with a can of tuna, removed her from the area, then my husband and son helped me get the kittens.  Well, I could not blame the cat. If someone had gone after my kids that way, I would have put my claws into them too!!!!   So, note to self - a Mama of any species is going to protect their young.
Yep, went immediately to my doc who said I obviously lost the battle, he cleaned and patched me up and put me on antibiotics for two weeks.  aHem.................  :-)
  :-)
Oh boy yes! cat scratches can be horrid. Their claws are long hooked and needle like. It's basically like getting a subcutaneous injection of dirt/mud/bacteria and/or possible cat feces!! They nearly always turn nasty one way or the other.
Yes!!  A couple of groomer friends of mine have told me that so I had no excuse for the *Stupid Me* scenario.  LOL!!!!

Sometimes experience can be the best teacher.  (wink)
well i am taking the vaccination course right now and currently i ve got 3 doses but i feel quite uneasy and my body temperature is somewhat in between normal and 99..is this dizziness okay...please tell me