is turkey poisonous to dogs?
Hello my 3 year old yorkiepoodle is walking funny since only a few hours ago, he isn't wanting to walk but when I do get him up he walks kind of stiff legged when I got home the only thing I found down was a turkey leg that he somehow got out of the trash so I was wondering if turkey was poisonous to dogs. We have regularly been feeding him for a year or two now 1/3 of a cup of dry dog food mixed with a spoon full of ceaser’s wet dog food.
No turkey is not poisonous to your dog. I'am worried that he may have swallowed a small bone. I would take him to a vet and have him checked. He may have got something else out of the trash, and ate it. Who knows? Take him to a vet to be sure.
turkey is very bad for your dog, i gave it to mine last year at thanksgiving it mad him very sick. i would take him to the vet. my vet said never give turkey to a dog, it has something it in to make them very sick.
The dark meat is higher in fat and can cause pancreatitis.  Also, as mentioned, the bone is dangerous.  Please take your dog to the vet - just to be sure.
Thank you for your comment, you are right about the dark meat. I just spoke with my vet and he did say the dark meat was bad as you said. However he said the breast meat would not hurt the dog. I wondered, because I have given small amounts of the white meat to my dogs. They never had a problem with it. I raise Shih-Tzus and many of the vets in my area have bought them. They know that I sometimes feed my dogs different kinds of meat...wouldn't think they would buy one if I was doing something wrong!