itchy butt
my dog keeps scratching her but on the floor everywhere, and licking non stop.
I went to the vet already three times, they empty her glands but it doesn't help.
Then they gave us special food, nothing seems to help!!!!
Help!!!
This has got to be an anal gland problem. Her scooting and licking is classic. Maybe there is some residual soreness since her glands were emptied? Is there any sign of soreness, inflammation, or infection there?
You could ask the vet for some soothing cream, and try that, see if it helps. Or take her back and explain what is happening, and have them examine her.
Hi there...sorry to hear you are having issues with your pup!

Anal glands are certainly something to be considered, but other issues could include irritation from a recent grooming (sometimes those darn groomers get too close!!) or potentially even a tapeworm infestation.   The tapeworms are very irritating when the hang on to the anus and that will cause the dog to lick and scoot.

Other issues to consider would be checking your dog for fleas.

Another option you might consider is posting this question in the Ask the Expert Veterinary General Health section.  We have about 30 DVMs that could provide you with many different possibilities for the scooting issue as well as questions to ask your veterinarian when you return.
Even the small worm infestation..de worm
I did bring her to the Vet, and she is on medication for an inflamation on her glands.
They also gave her a de-wormer just in case.
I hope it works, i hate to see her like this.
thanks for all your help.
Candies mommy

Thanks for letting us know. I do hope the meds work, and take care of the problem, so Candy can be a nice relaxed doggy again with a happy butt!
My Dog Lilly is scooting her butt on the carpet and is licking not a lot but my other dog licks for her. ( so gross) My vet checked her glands said she is fine with no signs of fleas or internal parasites, said she just has an itchy butt, Lilly seems miserable she is even scooting her butt on our wood deck now. Any ideas on why or what I can do.