lump/knot on my dogs ear
My two year old lab mix has developed a pea size lump on his left ear flap, it just showed up yesterday.  He has been shaking his head today, but touch to it does not seem to bother him.  What can this be?
I'm so sorry I didn't see your post sooner.  Dogs with floppy ears can form a hematoma which is just a small collection of blood from broken blood vessels.  If a little capillary keeps leaking due to the dog shaking his head, these things can get quite large and eventually rupture.  You don't want to let them get to that point because the repair is a bit difficult on the tin skin of the ear flaps.

Have your vet take a look at it as it may eventually need to be opened and drained.  If it's not a hematoma, other possibilities are insect bites or an abscess.  Since your dog is shaking his head, he's in some amount of discomfort, so go ahead and make an appointment with your vet.