lump on my dogs throat
My 4 year old lab has a large lump on his throat. He has seen a vet that thought it was an abscess. They lanced some holes and drained a little out to discover that it is a clear liquid tinged with some blood. They then did not drain it and put him on 2 500mg Amoxicillin pills twice a day. This was Friday and today (Sunday) it seems a little bigger so we do plan on returning to the vet Monday morning but I was wondering if anyone out there may have any ideas of what this is?

Thanks,

Stephanie
Hi Stephanie.  Sorry I didn't see your question earlier.  What did the vet say on Monday?  It probably is an abscess, but hadn't broken down enough to be drained last week.  It could have been caused by any small injury that broke the skin and let in bacteria, even a bug bite can cause this kind of localized infection.  Happens to people as well.  I hope your pup is doing better now.  :-)