Dogs Community
maltese with rash possible fungal infection

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

I have a 4yr. old maltese who has had a rash on her stomach and inner back legs for several months.  I had taken her to the vet when it started she thought it was a fungal infection and had given her a steriod injection and malaseb shampoo.  The rash continues and she is constantly licking her stomach and the inside of her legs.  It starts as a white pustule then pops and forms a skin circle barely noticable not crusty at all, her whole belly is red.  She is not a typical maltese, she does not have alot of hair and in general her skin is mildly pink.  She is up to date with all her vaccines.  I feed her parina dog food since she was a puppy before rash started.  She also licks her paws and anus.  I cant afford to keep taking her to the vet for this problem.  Should i try benadryl for some relief, she weighs 10lbs.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks Mary Beth
REPEAT REPEAT
SHES TRYING TO POST QUESTION IN THE VET FORUM