mole-like bumps on my dog?
I have a older female dog, she is half chihuahua and half shitzu, and I have been finding these mole lookng bumps on her, they are pinkish to white in color and about the size of a pencil eraser and smaller, any one have any idea as to what they are?? Can not really afford to take her to vet right now but will do it if its life threatening of course.
The thing with many lumps and bumps is it is very difficult to tell exactly what they are without them being seen by a vet and probably biopsied to be absolutely sure of its cell structure. Many dogs develop harmless cysts. But even one of these can occasionally turn nasty, so that's why the vet will often say "Oh that's a cyst and it's harmless...but if it starts to grow or there are any changes, come back and see me"

However, an expert eye can often give an educated guess as to what the lump most likely is. So it is always worth getting these things checked out professionally.