mole removal
My Toby, a small westen mix, has one of the flag type moles on his forehead. It is small, and the same color as the rest of his skin. Are these type of moles in the catagory of becoming cancerous? If so, what should I watch for? I would just die if anything happened to Toby who has been an absolute blessing to our home.
hi - Im not sure what you mean exactly about a "flag type" mole but any growth has a potential to be cancerous or it could be a wart.  All you have to do is go to your vet and ask them to aspirate the growth right there and they will look at it under a microscope.  They can tell is the cells are abnormal or not and then it is up to you if you would like to remove it.  This process is not painful and takes 5 mins to aspirate and look at the slide.  You will have the results from the slide while your in for your appointment.  Good Luck!