Dogs Community
my dashound
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

my dashound

im having a really hard time trying to potty train my dog she will only go in the place she went before i take her out side all the time and nothing she doesnt understand im not going to spank her how can i get that smell out side so she can go
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank

I used to have a daushaund and they are very hard to potty train. Mine was three yrs old when she had to be put to sleep due to a shunt in her liver and epileptic spells. Have you tried kennel training? Also a female dogs urine is the hardest scent to get out of the house. They make special products to get rid of it. If money is an issues try some baking soda.
Blank
974371_tn?1364538460
I had Doxies years ago and can't say we had any more problems training them then we did our other dogs.  
That being said, how old is your dog?  Is it crated? Crate trained?  Are you home so you can put it on a schedule?  What is she going potty on?  If it is paper, take the paper outside.
Need more info to be able to advise you.
Schedules and consistency are very important when potty training.
If this is a puppy, it will need to potty often as they have small bladders.  As soon as she wakes up, take her outside and stay there until she potties they praise her.  If she has been playing, take her outside and do the same.  Wait about 1/2 - 1 hr after eating and take her out to the area you want her to use.
Blank
974371_tn?1364538460
Oh, without much information, meant to add that if you are giving her free run of the house, you will have a harder time then limiting her space to smaller areas, esp when you are not around to supervise.  You can sometimes tell when a puppy is going to puppy, unless it is the run/squat/run type puppy. LOL!!!  Keep an eye out and as soon as it appears she has to go, get her to where you want her to go immediately. Even if she goes, or starts to go, then tell her a firm *NO* and take her to the area she is supposed to be using.
Patience and consistency..............
Blank
1654256_tn?1301959028
Here is a link to a good potty training and puppy training article by behaviorist Dr. Sophia Yin. It works great in my experience and is fairly easy to implement. http://drsophiayin.com/docs/articles/LucyLearns2Earn.pdf

FYI, her website is DrSophiaYin.com if you want to look up any further information about positive reinforcement dog training. She's got some really great stuff on there and really knows what she's talking about!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dogs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank