my dog ate cloth
my dog ate a piece of cloth from a dog toy it was about a 4 by 4 piece on Wednesday she is a small dog around 26 pounds. Today she was having a problem with a bowel movement I grabbed what was coming out it was all cloth but a minimal amount she could not get anymore out. Is there anything that i can do to help her pass this or have a bowel movement?     Thank you Marie  
well it's been five days, she should have passed some days ago. have you seen all her poops since she ate it? Are you sure that is all that came out so far was the small piece today? Because if so, I wouldn't recommend a laxative as it might be stuck inside her that she can't pass it. It's good in a way that it was cloth and not something sharp, but soft things can get stuck too. She may have to see a vet and get x-rayed to be sure.
Dogs digest their food pretty quickly, faster than humans. Which is why some dogs can go several times a day. I would check the yard and see if there is any other piles w/ cloth around, if you have a yard where she goes. if not I'd consider going to a vet. X-rays usually aren't that much compared to other things.

Please let us know how she is doing and what you may have found.
Wishing your baby well and sending her hugs and smooches ; )
Teresa