need help for sick dog
my dog is a 3.5 yr old pitbull. he hasn't been eating and has lost a lot of weight over the past couple of months. he's not as active anymore. someone mentioned to check his gums and they are pale. what could be the problem?
Take him to the vet ASAP. Pale gums are a sign of blood loss. He may be bleeding somewhere internally. How long has he not been eating? Any Diarrhea or vomiting? When you say he is lethargic do you mean a little slower or does he seem like he doesn't even want to get up?

I only ask because coincidentally my brother's rescued pitbull had similar symptons and it was a very serious case of Babesia.. It so happens that it is a very common illness in pitbulls, and can be very fatal if it's not caught in time. My brother's dog needed blood transfusions and hospitalization for a couple days.