old dog bad heart swollen stomach very skinny
I usually take my dogs to the University of Georgia, but this dog bites and won't let you do anything to him without knocking him out and I don't think he can pull through another sedative  He is skin and bones except for a hard bloated stomach. The vet said his heart was about as bad as it gets. He is on lasix 2x a day and a small sedative  2x a day as he has seizures if anything upsets him.

He doesn't seem in pain, he doesn't eat much (chicken & rice) he sleeps a lot but is bright and alert when he is awake. He even runs around a little.  He is a Pekingese that had a bad life before I got him.

He was coughing before the lasix, now he is not coughing, but that stomach is really big and hard. He can poop so I don't think a blockage. I have had several dogs that went into heart failure, but none with this big stomach.
any ideas???