pancreatitis
my dog has had pancreatitis 2 times he is 8 yrs old and he hasnt shown symptoms in 2 yrs. we got a kitten over the weekend and the dog  ended up eating the cat food a couple of times. now he has diahrea and i have seen a couple blood drops by the poop. Is there something i can do for him other then take him to the vet. It is the same exact symtoms as last time so i really dont need to pay a couple hunred dollars for them to tell me what i already know. Will it just go away after a couple  days maybe after the cat food works its way out of his system?
you are correct, cat food, being richer, has set off his pancreatitis.  As you know acute pancreatitis can be a fatal event.  It can also be transient.  no one knows how your dog will do.  

Medications will decrease the severity of this event and sounds like if you get him over this you have managed his diet very well.  

I'd like to see his pancreatic work up and treat him to get him over this quickly and so that it does not progress further.  
I talked to my vet. They said to not feed him tonight and to feed him boiled chicken and rice for the next 3 days. If he doesnt get any better then I have to bring him in.  The first time he had pancreatitis it was very bad he was lathargic had very bloody diahrea and couldnt even lift his leg to pee. At that time they gave me this  wet food that not only he wouldnt eat but my other 4 dogs walked away from it also. After 4 days of him not eating i desided that wasnt a good route to go and just tried to not give him any  people food or treats and I take my garbage out everyday so he cant get into it. The vet said once he has gotten it once its going to be a reacuring thing that will happen from time to time is that true? I hope this chicken and rice for a couple days works because ive already spent $800 on his 2 previouse visits 2 and 3 years ago.
Most dogs really don't like the prescription diets no matter how good and medically correct we think they are for them.  They should just read the books!  

This is an acceptable route to take, unless he starts to show bad signs - then off you go!  

He is correct, it will reoccur more frequently in dogs with previous pancreatitis.  

Good luck.
thank you so much for helping me :)
My little Poodle Julie just had her 3rd attack of Pancreatitis...all within 7 mos. time. Each time it was back to the Vets for 4 day stay there & IV treatments.
It gets outrageous on what I am charged each time. This time, they said her attack wasn't as severe as the others & I took her home tonight..after her being there for 27 hours, I was outrageously charged $1,036.25. I took her home with amoxicillin only..7 tablets for 25.00. I truly want to treat my dog, but they are making it so hard with what they charge. It's the same all over here in N.Y.. I have paid out over $6,000.00 so far.
Julie is still sick & hopefully she'll get better with her pill that they sold me.

I want to tell you this...most Pancreatitis attacks are brought on by giving the dog HUMAN foods. I was alot better with her diet, but I did give her starches which I was told is okay.  Than everyone else let her taste this n that & it all built up in her Pancreas..over the course of 6 weeks (since her last attack)..called SLUDGE...it built up in her...which my poor baby couldn't digest...& had another attack.
Fatty foods cause attacks.  

I am given strict rules to give her nothing but Hills I/P or I/D...whatever.
I have to do this for her..ro give her a chance. She hates not getting her healthy treats.
This is hard on us both.  I pray that I don't give in to my baby wanting people food.

My best to you & your dog.