please help me figure this out?
Can someone please tell me what is going on with my dog when he goes into this snorting like spasm where he is pulling in air and snorting out loud and its last oh I'd say he did it about fifteen times in a row. It looks like he cannot get air. His chest heaves and he snorts out loud. When its over he is fine. Is this something normal for dogs or is it something I shoulld be concerned about. Does anyone know what I described??He is two years old and is in good condition, eats maybe alittle too much but is healthy and happy.
Welcome to the forum.......Is this a Toy breed? If so, what your probably dealing with is called a "Reverse Sneeze"......It's very common & harmless......Try Googling and see is the symptoms fit what your describing........One of mine has done it for 8 years...Let me know what you think.......Karla
Oh My gosh!!  My Boxer/bulldog does this and I always thought it was just "allergies" and after looking this up and reading it I see that allergies can play a factor in it.  Wow so glad to have a name to this, he scared me when he'd do this.  I knew it wasn't something serious because he'd be fine afterwards and like the article said, to watch for bleeding etc. and he had none of this.  I also found that letting him outside, into the "outside" air helped alot. His poor lil eyes will buldge lol..Aww so glad it's nothing serious and ALOT of dogs do it.  

Thanks Misfits!  And thanks aheart for the question. :)
  Thank you that makes me feel better, I had a feeling in was harmless but wanted to know what to call it and make sure, no his not a toy breed, he's a medium small dog of 20 lbs and he is my heart, hes is everything to me as a companion and friend I love him to peices!! Now I will go read about it.
                                                            Have you hugged your dog today?
                                                                              Rusty says thanks!
  Yes it is called reverse sneezing and is totally harmless,=)