puppy with rabies?
Hi I got a puppy 2 months ago, it was 12 weeks old at that time, it has gotten it rabies shots yet because it is too young. Well yesterday it bit me and i was worried it could have given me rabies. Would symptoms in a puppy in 2 months show? Because i ve had it for 2 months and in the 2months i had it its never been in contact with rabies.
it has not gotten it rabies shots yet, sry typo
Rabies are not very common in dogs U.S.A.
Is there and way the puppy could have been exposed to rabies,like been around dogs that have rabies or wild animals like raccoon,bates ect.?
Most likely the puppy does not have rabies it pretty rare.
All dogs are not born with rabies, they have to exposed to it like being bit by a animal that have it is the most common way.
The vacanation is more of a safeguard to prevent the spread of it,does mean the will get or will ever get it or even have.
If you are worried I would go to the Dr. and take the puppy to the vet and get checked.
If you think the puppy has been exposed then for sure get checked.
to add to my above comment if you got the puppy at 12 weeks and it has been two months the puppy should be around 20 weeks I see you live in California puppies can get rabies vaccination at 16 weeks in  California so the puppy is now old enough to get it,and in your post you said  the puppy has not been exposed, then she/he does not have rabies, dogs need to be exposed to the rabies virus to have it.
Gee I hope it was only a play bite.If not off to dog obedience classes for him good to go anyway.
no it was not exposed since i had it..however i was worried that it might have been exposed before i got it...
Most likely not,if you are concern a trip to Dr and vet might ease your mind and like seeana said obedience class is a good idea for any  puppy  but in california they need thier rabies vac. before you can enroll, good Luck