puppy
our 6 month old yorkie poo has been wakeing us up 2 x in the night now for about a week to go outside. Last night I got up with him and he ran to the door and had diareaah(sp?).Today he vomited up some phelm two times,and his nose is warm to the touch.Could he have the flu?
He may have some virus going on. Have you changed his diet or added anything to it?  If this has been going on for a week and, with the symptoms you've mentioned, it might be a good idea to take him in to the Vet for a check up.  I'd take a fresh stool sample with you.
Dogs can actually get a form of influenza, which was very prevalent amongst greyhounds in the USA. Dogs have no immunity to this particular virus. While it has caused fatalities, it is treatable if caught early enough - so yes, get your dog to the vet as soon as you can for a diagnosis. If it is canine influenza, you will notice your dog coughing (which can last for up to 30 days) and a green discharge from his nose. As Margot has said, it is likely to be any of several different viruses or indeed something that has occurred because of a change in diet. In any event, it's best to get it treated to prevent potentially more serious complications, particularly in such a young dog that probably has very little immunity to these things. Tony
i say a visit to his dr is in need
thanks everyone. His stool is now more firm,but still slightly soft. He is eating better,and drinking. Plus he is playing more too,but I am still a little concerned.
The flu has been going around in our house for a couple of weeks now.So I am thinking he has a touch of it too.
Is there anything I can give him to help him feel better? And we have not changed his diet at all.
Just a quick note to point out that human influenza and canine influenza are two different viruses and just as humans cannot catch canine flu, it is equally true that canines cannot catch human flu.