sebaceous gland adenocarcinoma
Awhile ago, I posted about a small lump on my dog's neck about the size of a pellet.  She is a four year old italian greyhound crossed with a chihuahua.  The vet suggested we watch it for awhile to see if it gets any bigger and wasn't overly concerned with it since dog's have all kinds of lumps and bumps.  It started to become a little bigger, and I was really worried about it so we removed it.  The vet says that it is a good thing that we removed it because it was a sebaceous gland adenocarcinoma.  She told me that the labs came back that they removed all of it but there were some cells that were in the lymphatic system.  She says that these tumours typically have a low metastatic risk but of course, the thought of cancer is scary enough.  She told me that we will watch the lymph nodes and that if they start to grow, then we will start to worry.  Im just wondering if anyone has ever come across something like this, or if anyone has any experience with this.  How did it turn out?? Any advice is greatly appreciated.  Would the lymph nodes be noticeably big if something is wrong.  I work in the medical field (with people not animals), so I know where to look for lymph nodes but just wondering if they would be noticeablly big if something was wrong??
anyone?? I guess it can also be called a sebaceous gland carcinoma.  Im just wondering if anyone has experienced this with their pet.  Thanks
Hi jenstero, i kno this is an old post but i was searching the internet and came across it. We had a tumor removed from my dogs foot last week and the labs report came back today and they said it was the same thing sebacous adenocarcinoma. The vet said that she got the whole tumor out and that it hadnt intertwined with anything so it was not difficut to remove but to watch it because there is a chance i guess with this type of tumor that it could come back.  Was just really wondering how your dog made out and if anything else ever came from it? Thanks