Dogs Community
seizures, please help!!

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

seizures, please help!!

Hi my 6 month old blue nose pitbull pup has had a couple seizures the first one my boyfriend and I had no idea what was goin on.
It happened around 3/4 in the morning with her. We we're all sleeping and out of no where she was paddling really hard than usual when a dog would dream about chasing after something and it didn't look right so I tried waking her up but she wouldn't wake up and continued to paddle until finally she woke up and started running around looking lost and staring off into space. We couldn't tell where she was looking at. She then just stood there by our closet mirror looking at her reflection then looking at the wall and then barked out of nowhere. Later that day we took her to the vet and told us she had a heart mur mur and it may be genetic. They haven't fully examined her towing out what is really wrong yet.

Then earlier today about an hour or so ago she had another one but it was different. This one looked more like an actual seizure, she was twitching hard and
oaming at the mouth.

I was wondering If there is anyway for me to stop a seizure or find out if she really has epilepsy?
Please & Thankyou!
I don't have a lot of experience with this.  Others may be of more help.  I would think she needs more testing done and possible CT or MRI and meds.
Hop you can get to the bottom of this.
Try reading up on canine seizures to help educate yourself.
Good luck
Thankyou. We scheduled an appointment with her vet on Monday so hopefully we find out what it really is and we can afford for whatever she needs.
I'm just coming across this post, sorry for the delay, hopefully it's all under control by now. If you need any advise dealing with epileptic dogs I can help. Please message me if you need help!
Seizures can be caused by all sort of things but just in case it helps: my border collie Samuel started having seizures when he was maybe three or four years old. He had lots of tests but the vets couldn't pinpoint what was causing it. The episodes, which were occurring about a month to six weeks apart, were very upsetting for both him and me. His eyes would get quite glassy, his back would arch and he would lose control of his limbs and sometimes bowels; salivating, trembling, shaking etc. These episodes lasted for 30-45 minutes. I eventually thought to put him on a grain-free diet and he never had another seizure - until one day, several years later, I had run out of his special food because I had had a three day migraine. I had kibble for the other dogs so I thought well, one bowl of kibble isn't going to kill him. Within an hour or two (I can't remember how long exactly) he was having a seizure. That was about six or seven years ago. He's never had food with grain in since and he's never had a seizure since. So if the vets aren't able to help, grain-free might be worth a try.
cathie